The Volkssolidaritat is one of the biggest social and welfar organisations in the federal republic and it is the largest in East Germany. In Landesverband Berlin, more than 2500 people are actively volunteering. This includes around 250 locals, interests and self-help groups, that in the membership organisations are angaged in mutual aid, involeved in the social-politic advocacy and in the organization of events. In addition, volunteers are active in projects, activities and subsidiaries, such as daycare centres, meeting places and also in the administration. Since the number of active members and also the number of volunteers is decreased during the last years due to the age structures, the Volkssolidaritat needs to strenghten volunteering. About volunteering engagement the civil society is engaged and provides added value especially for socially disvantaged people. The Volkssolidaritat consists in keeping the motto „Miteinander-Füreinander“ (toghether-each-other), for a more solidary society.
Meet'n'Eat is a project where new and old neighbors in Prenzlauer Berg - Winskiez can cook, eat and connect with each other on a weekly basis. Mixed teams cook a meal for 60-80 persons while there are workshops and even a monthly fleamarket in the room next door. The goal is creating space for intercultural exchange and learning about each other through food.
We need support for the project in one or more of the following ways:
• Setting up and editing a website (effort variable)
• Setting up and sending out a newsletter (effort variable)
• Writing texts for different media and creating print products (effort variable)
• Organization and acquisition of additional events (effort variable)
• Help with answering mails, social media, making inquiries, networking, etc. (effort variable)
• Help with applications for funding and book keeping (effort variable)
You should be reliable and open for intercultural exchange!
For this volunteering opportunity you don't need any German skills.
It is ok to only help once.
Am I covered by accident and/or casualty insurance during the project?