We want all children to be able to achieve their life perspectives through equally good educational opportunities.
Chancenwerk e.V. is a non-profit organisation which works nationwide for equal educational opportunities at its partner schools. With its learning promotion programme, the association supports children and young people in their academic and personal development.More about the organisation
For our school team at the Max-Schmeling Stadtteilschule in Hamburg we are looking for course leaders (tutoring) to support our Chancenwerk students* in the subjects German, Mathematics and English.
- You support pupils up to grade 8 in the Chancenwerk learning support programme.
- You accompany older teenagers to support their younger classmates in learning.
- You create a motivating working atmosphere.
- Together with the Chancenwerk team on site, you contribute to the educational success of the children and young people.
- You can work on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 14.30 to 16.00? The learning support takes place during school:
- You like to take responsibility?
- You know the required learning material and can convey it?
- Do you enjoy working with children and young people at eye level?
- You are open, interculturally oriented, resilient and reliable?
... You have a lot of commitment and passion.
... You are interested in education and have a very good knowledge of math, German and/or English
... You would like to work together with us so that all children can realize their best life perspectives through equally good educational opportunities!
Please note: For this volunteering opportunity, you need German skills on the level „Native speaker“.
With us you can:
- Help pupils to develop their potential and open up educational opportunities for them.
- get an insight into everyday school life and gain your first practical experience.
- be a rolemodel and become part of a great team.
- receive proof of your voluntary work (possible crediting of social points for student teachers)
As a volunteer trainer you will receive an expense allowance of 22.50 Euro, which will be deducted per assignment (90 min.). You do not pay tax and the flat rate is not credited to your BAFöG.
Your support is needed on a long-term basis.
Am I covered by accident and/or casualty insurance during the project?
- On weekdays
- By day
For this project, we ask you to arrange an individual meeting.