WE BRING LIVE MUSIC, LAUGHTER AND PLAY TO THE LIVES OF CHILDREN IN WAR AND CONFLICT ZONES #LocalisingAid #Grassroots - Fellowship Awards #Changemakers HubMore about the organisation
We are developing an online platform to connect change agents at the grassroots level and help them identify and manage projects led by the community. Our goal is to provide money and practical support for local initiatives in war and conflict zones, including #localizing aid through participatory processes and process automation. As more community networks are established, they can be used to support larger projects.
We have been working with Capoeira since 2012 in Al Raqqa (Syria, former Isis headquarters, 80% destroyed ... ). We support the networks to restore child-friendly spaces and establish regular activities with children/youth in the city.
Some messages about the scope of the project in Raqqa:
Strengthening existing community networks
- Identifying people who are able to mobilize their community
- Strengthening community cohesion
Use these community networks to identify local and community priorities.
- Strengthen community ownership of projects
- Create transparent allocation of responsibilities
- Validate top-down project priorities
- Close information gaps
- Minimize the opportunities for local authorities to use aid as a favour / support their own interests
Create a platform for change agents to carry out activities that are their priorities
- Micro-projects that respond to local needs
- Support community networks, to increase their own resources without political or security influence
- rely on micro-projects to minimise diversion of aid
- strong focus on community-based monitoring as a means to strengthen accountability
- scalable platform so that many community networks at the same location or in different cities can follow the same model
Experience in working with the key areas of the tech stack: https://stackshare.io/frontline-aid/frontline-aid
- Phyton/Django, > solid coding (Priority!!)
We are looking for anyone mainly with solid Phyton/Django (Priority!!) but also React experience (ideally create-react-app https://create-react-app.dev/ - and material-ui components https://material-ui.com
Ideally 2 days/ week +
We need helping hands in one or more of these key areas:
...and the commitment is completely in English, therefore a very good knowledge of English is required!
if you are used to working in a multinational (volunteer) team ...
For this volunteering opportunity you don't need any German skills.
We are working on the beta version (MVP), which will be implemented directly into our programs in Syria. We know what we need: GitLAb etc. User Stories etc. are available, but we are also trying to improve the next version, so there is a lot of room for creativity.
Am I covered by accident and/or casualty insurance during the project?
For this project, we ask you to arrange an individual meeting.