We are a non-profit association for international meetings and exchange programs and look after students who live abroad for a few weeks or several months and go to school there. We exclusively offer exchange programmes to English-speaking countries and also look after students who spend a student exchange in Germany with us.More about the organisation
On behalf of the German Bundestag, Partnership International e.V. takes care of 50 guest students from the USA every year. The young Americans want to get to know school and family life in Germany.
The exchange begins with a four-week language camp. During these four weeks, the young people receive daily language lessons and are prepared for cultural differences.
For the period from 7th August - 4th September 2021, we are looking for committed and language-enthusiastic people, to organise and run the language camp together with us. In addition to teaching, our language teachers will also look after our students and organise excursions and leisure activities.
The language camp takes place in the conference centre Kloster Hedersleben in Saxony-Anhalt. Teaching materials
are provided, but can be adapted to suit individual needs. All language teachers must participate in a joint preparation meeting at our office in Cologne.
What you should bring in:
- A certificate in "German as a foreign language" or "German as a second language" and experience in teaching young people
- You should enjoy working with young people and at best have experience in youth work
- At best, some experience abroad, whether during your studies or school years - but not required
- Interest in giving young people an introduction to German culture
- Good knowledge of English
- Sense of responsibility and reliability
... you would like to spend four exciting weeks in the summer helping exchange students arrive in Germany and helping them learn the German language.
Please note: For this volunteering opportunity, you need German skills on the level „Advanced German skills“.
What we offer:
- Expense allowance/fee according to agreement
- Payment of travel costs to Hedersleben
- Accommodation in a single room and meals
- A committed team of language teachers and tutors
- Work with a group of motivated and open-minded young people
- A pleasant working atmosphere with a flexible style of work and freedom to organise lessons
A certificate of employment as a language teacher and - if desired - a certificate for the assignment to be credited as an internship, e.g. in teacher training, in consultation with your university.
Am I covered by accident and/or casualty insurance during the project?
For this project, we ask you to arrange an individual meeting.