Oxfam is an international relief and development organization. We work for a just world without poverty through
- worldwide emergency and disaster relief
- Project funding for development and crisis prevention
- global campaigns on the causes of poverty
- Commitment to better political and economic conditions
In the Oxfam Shops, teams of volunteers sell donated items for good causes and are thus committed to a just world without poverty. The profits benefit Oxfam's development work.
(Image: © Kieran Doherty)
- Together with your team colleagues, you will ensure that the shop runs smoothly: accepting donations in kind (clothing, books, household goods), sorting, pricing and presenting them in the shop, advising customers, operating the cash register and accounting.
- As an organisational talent, you can contribute to the day-to-day running of the shop and to action days.
- You will use your communication skills to communicate Oxfam's values, content and vision to customers and donors.
- You have time and desire to take over a fixed shift per week (5 hours).
- In four taster shifts you can decide whether you want to get involved in the shop in the long term.
- You identify with Oxfam's visions and goals and are interested in our work - because you are a part of Oxfam and stand for our organization and values.
- You like to take on a responsible task and we can rely on you.
- You enjoy dealing with other people, you like to communicate and you are able to respond well to your colleagues and customers. You enjoy working in a team.
- You are at least 18 years old.
We are Oxfam
Oxfam is an international relief and development organisation working for a just world without poverty. Oxfam provides emergency and disaster relief worldwide, promotes development and crisis prevention projects, informs about the causes of poverty in global campaigns and works to improve political and economic conditions.
Oxfam Shops are special second-hand shops where volunteer teams sell donated goods under the motto "we make superfluous things liquid". The more than 3,400 volunteers contribute to the success of the currently 54 Oxfam Shops nationwide with their daily commitment. The profits made by the shops benefit Oxfam's development policy work. At the same time, they bring Oxfam's vision and content to the public and are thus an important part of the organisation in terms of their visibility.
Get involved for a just world without poverty and become part of Oxfam.More about the organisation