We are particularly committed to caring relatives of people with dementia. In this sense, we offer counselling, further education, exchange or lectures and are involved in various committees of the state of BW.More about the organisation
Accompanying a person with dementia at home demands a lot from relatives. The Birkach care group relieves them for a few hours and offers people with dementia entertainment and excitement in a small, familiar circle.
The guests spend a varied time together and are accompanied by a specialist and trained volunteers. We organise the care time creatively and orientate ourselves to the individual abilities and wishes of the guests.
- Support with the driving service (optional)
- Care of the people with dementia during the time of the offer
- Support with preparation and follow-up (e.g. preparing meals or contributing own creative activation ideas)
- Age of majority
- Interest and pleasure in working with people with dementia
- Enjoyment of voluntary work in a team
- Willingness to participate in further education and training
... You like to get involved with older people and enjoy organising their everyday life with occupation and activation together in the group and in the team of volunteers.
Please note: For this volunteering opportunity, you need German skills on the level „Medium German skills“.
Your support is needed on a long-term basis.
Am I covered by accident and/or casualty insurance during the project?
- On weekdays
- By day
For this project, we ask you to arrange an individual meeting.