FREE YOUR MIND is a project for addiction prevention and health promotion at Leipzig schools. Interested students from grade 7 are trained as student multipliers. They then implement projects for their (younger) classmates.
Committed people work as volunteer trainers. These:
- take part in a free seminar to accompany the pupil multipliers.
- organise the weekly meeting of the FREE YOUR MIND group at the school
- accompany the young people in the planning, implementation and evaluation of their projects
FREE YOUR MIND trainers usually have a degree in social work, education, teaching or psychology or are in training to become educators. They bring both time and interest to support children and adolescents in leading a healthy lifestyle (abstinence-oriented).
As this is a child- and youth-oriented job, an extended certificate of good conduct according to SGB VIII is required (free application possible).
Approx. 20 hours per month for weekly preparation and follow-up as well as implementation of the meetings (weekdays for 1h, depending on the school at noon/early afternoon); writing a partially standardised monthly report (1x/month) and participation in the trainer meeting (1x/month).
- Gaining important practical experience in project work or in dealing with young people
- Getting to know addiction prevention/health promotion methods, materials and project ideas for different target groups
- Proof of voluntary commitment as well as a monthly expense allowance
The focus of our activities and projects are the rights of children to grow up without violence and participation. Parents should also receive information and advice through our offers in order to be relieved and feel supported.More about the organisation