The DRK Kreisverband Bremen e.V. is looking for voluntary helpers to actively participate in the emergency services. Our tasks include:
- Execution of medical services in our readiness San/RD at different events
- Execution of cooking operations in our readiness support and logistics
- Participation in disaster control
- support of the rescue service by the rapid response group
You are at least 16 years young, looking for a meaningful leisure activity, have team spirit, are always ready to help, want to help other people and do not want to stand idly by in an emergency?
What we offer
- The possibility to help others
- The cooperation in a nice team
- Training and further education / qualification offers
- Extensive equipment (ambulance, patient transport vehicle, logistics vehicles, various multi-purpose vehicles)
- The opportunity to attend sporting events, concerts and other events free of charge
- Social responsibility
- Exchange of experience
- New contacts
- Group evenings of the volunteers
- Joint events
- Numerous exciting and varied ambulance services throughout Bremen
- Membership in the rapid response group (SEG) and take part in operations and large disaster control exercises
of the city of Bremen
- Do something good
Emergency Medical Service (SAN/RD)
Join our on-call SAN/RD team. We help where we are needed. You don't need any special basic knowledge, just an aﬃnity to medicine. Everything else will be taught to you in various courses. Dare, we are also only human and help each other, whether in the case of emergency or on a medical service. We stick together and support each other!
Readiness support and logistics
In case of a disaster, our support and logistics team takes over the supply and catering of people and helpers. Ideally, you have a gastronomic education or are even a cook? We need you! Together with our team you would plan and execute meals. Other helpers will take care of everything else that needs to be taken care of. Do you enjoy standing at the field kitchen and calculating in large quantities? Here's your chance.
Other possible areas to get involved in as a volunteer
Volunteers are also needed in other areas of the DRK Kreisverband Bremen e.V., such as volunteer social work, the blood donation service, the blood drive service, the clothing store, the meeting and exercise centers, the book market, the Youth Red Cross (ages 6-27), youth development, wellcome, the service centers, neighborhood assistance, or guardianship.
The tasks are as diverse as the German Red Cross itself.
Required previous knowledge or skills
- Gender: without restrictions
- Age group: without restrictions
- Driving license: not required
- Certificate of good conduct: extended certificate of good conduct necessary
- Further wishes: identification with the principles of the DRK, willingness to participate in the standby evenings
Regular attendance at preparedness evenings and outreach is encouraged, but everyone donates their time as best suits them.
Disabled people cannot be deployed everywhere. The deployment depends on the degree of disability.
We are here for you
We support people in everyday life and in emergency situations. Everyone of all ages can find offers and services with us, as well as support in times of need. With 150 years, we are one of the oldest aid organizations in the city of Bremen, at the same time we are the leading association of the free welfare care.More about the organisation